[Emerald Digest]

emerald-digest-request@iea-software.com
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 00:00:00 -0700

Message 1: FW: Invoice Error
from "Ed and Kathy Tate" <tatee@onlinemac.com>

Message 2: IPs
from "Humberto Guzman" <hguzman@sysop.com.mx>

Message 3: Re: NT Mail doesn't authenticate if SQL server restarts
from emerald@nls.net

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: FW: Invoice Error
From: "Ed and Kathy Tate" <tatee@onlinemac.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 07:19:30 -0700

I didn't receive any responses yesterday not even from Emerald Support. We
need to get this problem resolved yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

From: "Humberto Guzman" <hguzman@sysop.com.mx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 13:05:36 +0000

Hello,

Emmerald has been screwing up the ips to which my customers connect, the
are supposed to have certain ip, but emerald sends them to a different
subnet.... any ideas?

Also I have to re run rad25_up2.sql everytime I reinitialize the server...???

Thanks!
Humberto G

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: NT Mail doesn't authenticate if SQL server restarts
From: emerald@nls.net
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 20:48:05 -0400

>The EmerAuth.dll resolves this problem. It is available in the
>/RadiusNT/Enterprise directory on our FTP site. Please read the
>docs, and then double-read them, since it is different than the
>Emer_ntm.dll.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
> Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com

Dale,

Quick question about emerauth.dll:

We use NTmail and we also use their anti-spammer software called JUCE which
has a feature that bascially refuses any mail that is not either TO: or
FROM: a local user. IOW, one of the addresses must be local.

Do you know if using emerauth.dll disables this or if NTmail can check for
local accounts via the dll?

Geo.