Re: Emerald Database

Humberto Guzman ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:38:35 +0000

Tried it...

got the following message:
Msg 911, Level 16, State 2
Attempt to locate entry in Sysdatabases for database 'emerald' by name
failed -
no entry found under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.
Msg 15010, Level 16, State 1
The database 'Emerald' does not exist. Use sp_helpdb to show available
databases.
=20
Available databases: =20
------------------------------=20
master =20
model =20
msdb =20
pubs =20
tempdb =20

At 09:36 AM 8/20/98 +0300, you wrote:=20

> you need to start the database in single user mode try closing the EM then
> make sure that nobody is logged in to the database even the services such=
as
> Radius and any other services that are using the database then execute=
this
> Query in the iSQL :=20
>
> use emerald=20
> go=20
> sp_dboption 'Emerald','single user', TRUE=20
> go=20
>

> then close this iSQL connection=20
>

> start the EM you'll notice a special icon next to the Emerald Database,
> indicating the single user mode.=20
> to get it back to normal after changing what ever you want to change=
double
> click the emerald DB then un check the single user mode int the options
menu.

> At 04:23 PM 08/20/98 +1000, you wrote:=20
> >Try deleting or renaming the Emerald.dat out of=A0 \mssql\data=20
> >moored@romtech.com.au=20
> >=20
> >-----Original Message-----=20
> >From: Humberto Guzman <hguzman@sysop.com.mx>=20
> >To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>=20
> >Date: Friday, August 21, 1998 2:07 AM=20
> >Subject: Emerald Database=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >>Hello,=20
> >>=20
> >>I just installed Emerald on our server, but we keep getting an error=20
> >>message when trying to create the database, we had created it, but
deleted=20
> >>it in the Emeral Admin, now we can not create it again...=A0 We already
tried

> >>re installing emerald.=20
> >>=20
> >>The message we get is:=20
> >>Create Device Failed.=20
> >>Please Check the Device Settings and Retry.=20
> >>=20
> >>Any ideas?=20
> >>Thanks!=20
> >>Humberto G=20
> >>=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> Mohammed Ersan=20
> ersan@first.net.jo=20
> firstnet=20

Servicio de Comunicacion En Linea SA de CV
SysOp Interrnet

Tel. 338-9424

http://www.sysop.com.mx