Re: Ascend Fatal Error and Calls OnLine

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:20:00 -0400

> From: Albert Churba <Albert@dialisdn.com>
> I've been reluctant to turn off concurrency control. But if that is the
> only option until Ascend fixes the stacking issue, their claim to the
Fatal
> Errors, I'll have to give up the channels. The proposed fix is a few
weeks
> away, so they say. Are you running RIP or OSPF?

I don't know if there are any problems with stacking or not. I turned it
on on our Maxes about a week and half ago so I could re-enable MP across
the Maxes. I was going to turn off stacking on the Max that we're having
these problems with to see if there's any corelation, but I forgot about
it. Considering the other Maxes are using the same OS, I'd imagine that
they too would be having problems if stacking was an issue. So far, only
this one Max has been having problems, so I don't think stacking is the
problem here--I think the OS got screwed up and needs to be reinstalled OR
the Max is physically damaged in some way (from the brownouts).
I had no desire to turn off concurrency control either, but I had less of a
desire to watch people log in and kill non-existent connections when I'd
see an "Over Login Limit" pop up. I have no idea what's causing your FEs
though. Luckily, none of our Maxes have ever had one of those...
I'm not using RIP or OSPF.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com