[Emerald Digest]

emerald-digest-request@iea-software.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:00:00 -0700

Message 1: Nukers
from "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>

Message 2: Re: Nukers
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 3: AcctStatusType in serverports
from "Frank Nowling" <frankn@netropolis.net>

Message 4: Re: AcctStatusType in serverports
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 5: RV: No CISCO logins are displayed on Cal
from siglesias@nec.com.ar

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Nukers
From: "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:34:45 -0400

Hi folks

Up until today I have not needed a way to track callers but I just got a
call from an irate person who had been nuked. According to the user, it
came from one of my IPs. I need to know if there is a way to pull start and
stop records for a certain time and date period out of radius somehow. for
some reason our log files have stopped recording.

Richard Sensale
Network Administrator
VisitUs Internet, Inc.
5468 Schaefer Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 945-5588
(313) 945-0202 fax
richards@visitus.net
http://www.visitus.net

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Nukers
From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:15:35 -0400

> From: Richard Sensale <richards@visitus.net>
> Up until today I have not needed a way to track callers but I just got a
> call from an irate person who had been nuked. According to the user, it
> came from one of my IPs. I need to know if there is a way to pull start
and
> stop records for a certain time and date period out of radius somehow.
for
> some reason our log files have stopped recording.

They're only logged in the Calls table, unless you have Radius spitting the
info out into text files somewhere.
One thing you might do is look at your mailserver logs for anything with a
matching IP address that happened to do something with mail at about the
same time that one person was nuked. It may not be precise, but it may
narrow down the possibilities.

As far as the Calls table goes, if the information is being stored there
correctly, you could run a simple script like the one below to find out who
had that IP address at what time...

select "End of Call"=CallDate,
Username,
"Seconds online"=AcctSessionTime
from Calls
where FramedAddress = '123.123.123.123' /* whatever the IP address was */
and AcctStatusType = 2 /* stop records */
order by CallDate

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: AcctStatusType in serverports
From: "Frank Nowling" <frankn@netropolis.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:34:53 -0500

What does the data in this field indicate? I get 1's and 2's in it, but I'm
haven't been able to locate a meaning.

TIA
Frank

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: AcctStatusType in serverports
From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:32:46 -0400

> From: Frank Nowling <frankn@netropolis.net>
> What does the data in this field indicate? I get 1's and 2's in it, but
I'm
> haven't been able to locate a meaning.

1 = start record; the user is still online (according to radius and/or the
database
2 = stop record; the user's session already ended.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 5 |
Subject: RV: No CISCO logins are displayed on Cal
From: siglesias@nec.com.ar
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:56:27 -0400

Message is sent with MIME. Attachments are base64 encoded
--TFS-with-MIME-and-DIME

Dear Dale:
I urgently need some advice to overcome the problems I have prevoiusly =20
reported you. Our client is not able to bill yet. Thanks in advance.