(no subject)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:56:49 -0700

Ed and Kathy Tate wrote:

> I am looking for some detail information about using some of the check boxes
> that exist within Emerald. I am currently running 2.1.11.
>
> First, the 'active' and 'new' check boxes in the Master screen. Should we
> be checking 'new' when we add new customers. What is the purpose or options
> that come with this box?

Active is whether the MBR is active (can authenticate and will be billed) or
not. New is used for External systems. You can ignore it if you don't have
an ES configured. Emerald itself will handle managing the new and current
check boxes, so you don't have to do anything there.

> Next, there are three boxes in the services screen. I am looking for
> information on how the 'new', 'current' and 'send bill' boxes work.

Again, new and current are for ES and you can mainly ignore them. Emerald
will handle them as needed. When you have an MBR which is configured for
EMail, you have to have atleast one service with the send bill option checked,
since that tells Emerald what Email address to send the bill to. Each
service will receive a copy of the bill in email.

> Last, there is an 'active' box for each service. How does this active box
> affect billing and authentication? Does it work in conjunction with the
> active box in the master accounts screen? Which box triggers whether or not
> a bill is created?

If the service is not active, they are not billed for it and it can not
authenticate. BOTH of the active flags must be checked in order for the
service to be billed and authentication.

I'm not sure about your last question. If an MBR is active and has atleast
one active service, it will be billed.