Re: Bulk Table copy.

Ian Pizey ( ifpizey@kenora.com )
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:14:55 -0500

Looks like this method will work for future uses before I consolidate.

However the current isue is that i Have no call details for the previous
months that were consolidated.

So what I want to do is restore the data from a backup and copy all the
call details information into this table and then i can point the web page
to this page.

Obviously our current data has been consolidated into the call history table.

It should look like this.

OLD emerald database pre consolidation ----- into ----- new call details
table

Any Ideas....

At 03:09 PM 7/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>See this post in the archives:
>
>http://www.iea-software.com/lists/9804/emerald/00001065.htm
>
>Ian Pizey wrote:
>>
>> Does any one know how to copy the calls table within the emerald
>> database to another
>> table that can be used for archive purposes. That in turn can be used for
>> user time look ups.
>>
>> The table would have a different name and contain the same structure and
>> data as the current table. i asssume that once the table is created a
>> nightly trigger can update this table and therefore have near on line time
>> available for the users. I realize that the purpose of the consolidation
>> process is to reduce the amount of data in the calls table. However the
>> need for online time checking does save a needless administrative burden
>> and provides the customers with better service.
>
>Many sites are using this and it works well.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
> Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com

Ian Pizey