Re: Multiple Service Billings

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:12:41 -0700

Alan D. Criado wrote:

> What I would like to do is when the billing run for August is done, that
> Emerald will pickup those services that will expire in August (and August
> only) and create an invoice to the address listed in the MBR. And when the
> billing run for September is done, that it will pickup those that would
> expire in September and do likewise and so on and so on.
>
> I guess what I'm asking for is Billing Dates per serivces rather than just
> per MBR.

When we first started working on Emerald, we made the choice that a
billing record was billed as one (including expire, etc). The best
way to handle this is to pro-rate the services and get them all
aligned. Otherwise, you have to use different MBRs for each expiration
period.

> If what I would like to do is not possible currently in Emerald, then
> please consider this a request to include this as a feature for the next
> version.

We have been planning some options for recurring charges that are
different than the billing cycle. I am not sure of the full extent of
what that will include.

We were going to add this feature a long time ago (hence the services
expiration date), but it was so confusing to have all the different
expiration combinations, that we removed it.