[Emerald Digest]

emerald-digest-request@iea-software.com
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 00:00:00 -0700

Message 1: Radius login info gone ?
from Greg H <greg@golsyd.net.au>

Message 2: Radius Logfile 450 megs ??
from Greg H <greg@golsyd.net.au>

Message 3: Re: Radius login info gone ?
from "Alan D. Criado" <ACriado@elink.net>

Message 4: Re: Radius Logfile 450 megs ??
from dannydp@greennet.net (Danny Della Paolera)

Message 5: Re: Radius login info gone ?
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

Message 6: Re: Radius Logfile 450 megs ??
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Radius login info gone ?
From: Greg H <greg@golsyd.net.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 02:26:40 +1000

I have always run radius in a dos window with -x15,mainly so i can see
whats going on during a login ,(usually incorrect passwords:)).

After a fresh Install of radiusnt 2.5 and Emerald.

My problem is that now,when i start "radius -x15" I it doesnt show any
info when a user dials in.Im thinking that perhaps I should be running
it as a service and get the info i want ,such as errors encountered
during a dial in etc.Where would i look for that info ?

Also im looking for a good ,easy reliable way to limit an user to one
dial in at a time.Any suggestions ?Even something will limit ALL users
to one at a time will do :) Is it as simple as adding something to the
radius dictionary and one line is the user file ? I think there is
login limit options in emerald but they do not work for me.Im assuming
that they will work with the appropriate additions to radius dictionary
and user file.Am i on the right track here ?

Thanks Peoples

Greg

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Radius Logfile 450 megs ??
From: Greg H <greg@golsyd.net.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 03:05:28 +1000

As the title says my radius logfile is 450 megs ,umm is that normal ? :)

Thanks

Greg

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Radius login info gone ?
From: "Alan D. Criado" <ACriado@elink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:35:21 -0400

Hi Greg. You CAN limit logins now with Radius NT 2.5.

Go into Radius NT Administrator, then ODBC OPTIONS.

Under AUTHENTICATION check:

CONCURRENCY CONTROLS
VARIABLE LOGIN LIMITS

Then you can limit each SERVICE within Emerald to as many logins as you
wish. I believe it defaults to one login.

Take care.

Alan D. Criado

At 02:26 AM 7/12/98 +1000, Greg H wrote:
>I have always run radius in a dos window with -x15,mainly so i can see
>whats going on during a login ,(usually incorrect passwords:)).
>
>After a fresh Install of radiusnt 2.5 and Emerald.
>
>My problem is that now,when i start "radius -x15" I it doesnt show any
>info when a user dials in.Im thinking that perhaps I should be running
>it as a service and get the info i want ,such as errors encountered
>during a dial in etc.Where would i look for that info ?
>
>Also im looking for a good ,easy reliable way to limit an user to one
>dial in at a time.Any suggestions ?Even something will limit ALL users
>to one at a time will do :) Is it as simple as adding something to the
>radius dictionary and one line is the user file ? I think there is
>login limit options in emerald but they do not work for me.Im assuming
>that they will work with the appropriate additions to radius dictionary
>and user file.Am i on the right track here ?
>

>Thanks Peoples
>
>Greg

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Radius Logfile 450 megs ??
From: dannydp@greennet.net (Danny Della Paolera)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 21:32:32 -0400

Greg,
Ours at GreenNet has reached twice that and more. Just gotta delete it once
in a while :-)

>As the title says my radius logfile is 450 megs ,umm is that normal ? :)
>
>Thanks
>
>Greg

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 5 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 17:36:15 -0700

Greg H wrote:

> I have always run radius in a dos window with -x15,mainly so i can see
> whats going on during a login ,(usually incorrect passwords:)).
>
> After a fresh Install of radiusnt 2.5 and Emerald.
>
> My problem is that now,when i start "radius -x15" I it doesnt show any
> info when a user dials in.Im thinking that perhaps I should be running
> it as a service and get the info i want ,such as errors encountered
> during a dial in etc.Where would i look for that info ?

If you have a logfile defined in RadiusNT 2.5, it will send the info
there, and not to the screen. CLear the logfile setting in the admin
and restart RadiusNT.

The logfile contains login errors for text mode. For ODBC mode, you
want to look at the RadLogs table.

> Also im looking for a good ,easy reliable way to limit an user to one
> dial in at a time.Any suggestions ?Even something will limit ALL users
> to one at a time will do :) Is it as simple as adding something to the
> radius dictionary and one line is the user file ? I think there is
> login limit options in emerald but they do not work for me.Im assuming
> that they will work with the appropriate additions to radius dictionary
> and user file.Am i on the right track here ?

RADIUS itself doens't support concurrency control at a protocol
level. Does your callsonline work? Concurrency relies on the
accounting being received correctly.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 6 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: Radius Logfile 450 megs ??From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:23:58 -0700

Danny Della Paolera wrote:> > Greg,> Ours at GreenNet has reached twice that and more. Just gotta delete it once> in a while :-)

If you are talking about the file "logfile", you should check to seewhy its growing so large. RadiusNT doesn't rotate its "logfile".

Now, you can define an auth (and acct) log file in the RadiusNT adminYou should *NOT* have one defined unless you are trying to debug aproblem. Otherwise, uncheck all of the debug and clear the log filesetting in the admin.