Re: Daily Maintence.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:17:38 -0700

Jim Dunmyer wrote:

> Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
>
> > I typically recommend running a "dbcc CheckDB(Emerald)" once a week
> > via SQLEM (scheduled Tasks). Don't schedule these to happen in the
> > normal time frame the dump is going on, though. :)
>
> Dale,
> Can I run this from Enterprise Manager? Is this documented someplace?

You can use Enterprise Manager to configure SQL Executive to run it.
SQL Executive is a seperate program that runs along side of SQL Server.
It can do many things like restart SQL Server if it dies, run all sorts
of scheduled task, etc.

In Enterprise Manager, Select "Manage Scheduled Tasks". Click on New
task. The type is TSQL. Enter "DBCC CheckDB(Emerald)" as the TSQL
statement and Master as the database (it doens't actually matter).
Then change the frequency to weekly on Sunday at say 3am. You have
to make sure SQL Executive is running and starts automatically as well.