Re: Emerald Accounting & Authentication

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 14:09:13 -0700

Rafael Gomez wrote:

> I configured my CISCO to do authentication from one radius server (where
> the users are) and do accounting in another server. I can see the users
> connecting to my access server on the emerald console, but it can't receive
> (the access server) any accounting accept
> response from the Emerald Radius Server. Do I need to have the users into
> the
> Emerald database to make accountig from the emerald software? or Can I make
> accounting in one location and authentication in another one?

By "different server" are you referring to a different RadiusNT server
running against the same SQL Server or two different RadiusNT servers
running against two different SQL Servers? The accounting data has to
go into the same database as the authentication does for the on-line
features to work. RadiusNT does not require users to be in the
database jsut to store the accounting information, though.