Re: Emerald / Radius Authentication Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 00:43:24 -0700

Rick Knospler wrote:

> I have a few MBR's in emerald with a simple PPP service account under it
> that are giving me problems. These accounts appear to be active but radius
> does not authenticate these accounts. If I delete the service and re-add
> it under the same MBR, the same problem appears. If I delete the MBR and
> enter it in again then add the service accounts, they work fine. I can't
> seem to figure out what the problem might be.. Any ideas?

I would check the expire date of the MBR. Most likely its past due and
RadiusNT is rejecting the user for being expired.

> Also, an entry appears in the Radius log file, which lists the username is
> listed as authenticated..

This is a mis-print in RadiusNT 2.2. If you upgrade to RadiusNT 2.5,
it will correctly tell you the problem. If I remember right, its missing
the word "not" in the sentence (like the user is not authenticated).