Re: SQL Deadlock

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 05 Jul 1998 22:50:55 -0700

Greg Dobinson wrote:

> Nothing else is using the SQL server for logging etc. However just today
> we tried another consolidation and this time things seem to be
> working......??? Nothing that I can think of has changed since we last
> tried and failed. The only thing I can think of is that there were fewer
> users on when we tried and succeeded than when it was failing.
>
> Any thoughts?(Not that I need to solve a solved problem but it would be
> interesting to figure out what happened)

The two typical problems with consolidation are the size of your
tempdb (typically needs to be about 12mb or larger) and how much free
space you have on your Emerald log segment. With Emerald 2.2, you can
go into isql_w and execute:

Consolidation x

where x is the number you choose on the batch screen. It will
either return the full set of records, or give an error. The
error should tell you the problem. You can do the same with the
DeleteCalls if you have a failure on that part as well.