Re: Dale or other 2.1.11 experts,

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:21:01 -0400

> From: Ed and Kathy Tate <tatee@onlinemac.com>
> I am not clear on your reply, will populating the 'overdue' field in
2.1.11
> provide us with a permanent extension?

Entering in a number in MasterAccounts.OverDue ("Limit" in Emerald under an
MBR's Billing tab) will create a grace-period for the number of days
specified. So, if this user expires on 8/1/98 (12:00am), entering in a
value of 7 for the "Limit" (ma.OverDue), the user will be able to
authenticate up to 8/8/98 (12:00am).
In Emerald 2.1.11, this grace period is defaulted to zero when an MBR is
created, so you'll have to manually enter in a number when you first create
the account. If you have several accounts and have never used this before,
but want them to have a grace period of a week or whatever, you can use the
following script to take care of existing accounts:
UPDATE MasterAccounts
SET OverDue = 7
WHERE OverDue < 7
Every once-in-a-while, I run that in case someone here forgot to enter in
the grace period into someone's account when it was created.

The "Extend" field (MasterAccounts.Extension) is a temporary extension that
appends to the "Limit" value. This value (if entered in) is reset to zero
as soon as the most current Renewal invoice is paid.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com