Re: Database Transfer

Dale Reed ( daler@iea-software.com )
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:28:40 -0700

Victor Alba wrote:

> I've searched the archives before daring to ask this question but all I
> could find were brief descriptions as to what to do in EM while trying to
> transfer the emerald database. I already know how to do that and actually
> this morning I did transfer the Emerald Database onto our new machine but
> when EM finished said "there were some errors that occured while
> transfering the database" then when I went and check emerald on the new
> machine I couldn't access any record at all, the names of the users are
> there but as soon as I try editing the record, everything is empty.
>
> SQL is showing these errors in it's log file:

> ::Error::
> In file NS.Emerald.DR1 in statement on line 302
> Transfer Status: Creating DRI on destination database
> Attempting to define PRIMARY KEY constraint on nullable column in table
> 'ServerAccess'.

The ServerAccess table in Emerald 2.1 is bad. The RadiusNT 2.5
update replaces it. You can ignore this error on a transfer.

> ::Error::
> In file NS.Emerald.DR1 in statement on line 302
> Transfer Status: Creating DRI on destination database
> Unable to create constraint. See previous errors.

This is a result of the above failure.

> ::Error::
> In file NS.Emerald.FKY in statement on line 251
> Transfer Status: Creating Foreign Keys on destination database
> data exists in table 'dbo.Invoices', database 'Emerald', that violates
> FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK__Invoices__Type__465D7A27' being added. ALTER
> command has been aborted.

This means you have an InvoiceType entry in your InvoicesTable that
doesn't match an entry in the InvoiceTypes table. Its not a show stopper
but should be looked at. I don't think InvoiceTypes are even used
in pre 2.5 releases.

> ::Error::
> In file NS.Emerald.FKY in statement on line 251
> Transfer Status: Creating Foreign Keys on destination database
> Unable to create constraint. See previous errors.

Result of above.

> ::Error::
> In file NS.Emerald.TRG in statement on line 1
> Transfer Status: Creating Triggers on destination database
> Invalid column name 'login'.

This is most likely the Calls table trigger. Only the SubAccounts
table has a login field. You can just re-run the insttrig.sql
script on the new box to correct this.

> Anyone knows the 'appropiate' steps to follow to transfer Emerald from one
> machine to another one?

Actually it looks like everything did tranfer OK.