Re: Optimize MS SQL & Emerald

John Lange ( )
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:19:28 -0500

At 12:25 AM 6/26/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>John Lange wrote:
>> How long does Dale's checkdb.sql take to run on your system and how much
>> data do you have?
>The checkdb is completely dependant on the size of your calls table.
>If you didn't have a calls tale, it should only take minutes.

The DBCC CheckDB(Emerald2)
Takes almost 3 hours here.

Then I ran the delete start records, and it still took that long.

I am not sure how long the rest takes, because I usually loose interest
long before it gets there.

>> Our Secondary Radius Server sometimes looses it's connection while running
>> these process, so unloading radius from the SQL server probably won't help.
>What vesion of RadiusNT are you using? Does it re-connect?

RadiusNT Version 2.2.41. Usually will reconnect, but while the checkdb is
going, neither the primary OR secondary will auth.

JOhn :}

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC. MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town