Re: Hmmm

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 11:01:48 -0700

Richard Sensale wrote:

> After having some major problems with reports producing a lot of erroneous

Did you upgrade to CR 6.0 when the problem started happening? I
put a CR 6.0 happy invoice.rpt in the /emerald/reports/cr60 directory.
It seems that CR 6.0 has some major incompatability problems with
5.0 and lower reports.

> data, I tried to run a check database from the administrator and got a
> fields.rpt file not found error? What causes this? I can't do batch

Ignore the Check database in the admin of 2.2 and lower.

> invoicing, all I get is a single blank invoice after creating a batch and
> trying to print it, although it does look like it is processing more than

Make sure the date in the box is todays date, NOT the date you had when
you batched the invoices. That is most likely the reason why you are
getting a blank invoice.

> one invoice. Also my account.rpt file is acting strangely. For instance it
> is messing up address data for users. I get oen address at the top of the
> page and each of the services has different and incorrect data.

This is the CR 6.0 problem when runnign CR 5.0 or 4.5 reports. I've
reported this to SS, and we have had about 10 customers so far report
the same problem. Its very frustrating to say the least. I've tried
to convert and corretc the 5.0 reports and start putting them in
the 6.0 directory.

BTW, the problem with 6.0 is that it doesn't link the tables (or
the WHERE clauses is missing completely). Therefore you get the results
of all records in each table against all other records of all other
tables, which is usually over several million records and something
usually gets filled or blows up. :)