Re: User authentication

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 May 1998 18:20:29 -0400

> From: Richard Sensale <richards@visitus.net>
> Yes. We only have the one class C, The ascend is set to handle it's won
> routing. I was just wondering if the MAX needed a different attribute
than
> the regular Framed Address attrib. Like I said there is an ASCEND PPP
> Address attrib in the radius section and I was wondering if that is the
one
> I needed.

Ascend-PPP should not be needed for anything. We've got 3 Maxes (4004,
4048, 4002) and have people dialing into all of them with dynamic IPs as
well as static without any problems. DNS IP addresses are dynamically
assigned directly by the Maxes. Here are sample radius settings:

Standard PPP connection:
User-Service: Framed-User
Framed-Protocol: PPP
Ascend-Maximum-Time: 43200 (optional)
Ascend-Idle-Limit: 1200 (optional)

Static IP PPP connection:
User-Service: Framed-User
Framed-Protocol: PPP
Framed-Address: 199.44.20.123
Framed-Netmask: 255.255.255.255
Ascend-Maximum-Time: 43200 (optional)
Ascend-Idle-Limit: 1200 (optional)

Make sure that your routing is set correctly in the Max:
Ethernet / Static Rtes

Dynamic DNS assignment:
Ethernet / Mod Config / DNS

Josh Hillman