[Emerald Digest]

emerald-digest-request@iea-software.com
Fri, 22 May 1998 00:00:12 -0700

Message 1: Re: Crystal report files 4.5 vs. 5.0
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 2: Re: Feature Request
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Crystal report files 4.5 vs. 5.0
From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 14:22:57 -0400

The missing file that I mentioned earlier is "crpaig32.dll". I found it on
my home computer this morning and copied it over to the \winnt\system32
directory on the NT machine and everything prints ok now.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

----------
> From: Josh Hillman <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
>
> Dale,
>
> I've got CR5.0 running on my home computer (Win95--haven't installed it
> into NT there) and am using Emerald 2.1.11. I redownloaded the Inv50.rpt
> file from the FTP site along with a couple others and reworked them so
that
> they have the same basic custom layout that my original 4.x versions had.

> I can view/print the 5.0 reports from my home computer without any
problem
> now.
> This morning, I tried getting one of our machines here at the office
(also
> Emerald 2.1.11) working with the customized 5.0 Invoice.rpt and
Account.rpt
> files, but am running into a small problem. I already put the following
> files (taken from my home computer's \windows\system directory) into
> \winnt\system32 overwriting the existing versions:
> crpe32.dll
> Crystl32.ocx
> crystl32.tlb
> crystl32.dep (couldn't remember if that was needed or not)
> I also ran regsvr32 crystl32.ocx
>
> When I go to print someone's account info (account.rpt) or an invoice
> (invoice.rpt), I get the following 2 error messages:
> First: CRPaige library CRPaige(32).DLL cannot be found.
> It should be on the path. [Ok]
> Second: 20500:Not enough memory for operation [Ok][Cancel]
>
> Memory is not the issue--the machine's got 96MB RAM and only 45 of it is
> being used; there's 411MB drive space available on the partition too...
>
> I've looked at the installation files from the CD that I have for CR5.0,
> but can't find anything named "crpa*.*" Any idea what file(s) it's
really
> looking for??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh Hillman
> hillman@talstar.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Feature Request
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:40:59 -0700

Tom Bilan wrote:

> A few times a week I get users complaining that they are not getting
> e-mailed their invoice. Emerald
> is set correctly for e-mailing and I think it's the user just finding a
> way to put off the inevitable or their
> kids etc. are deleting it, who knows.
>
> Anyway, I would like there to be a note in the history tab that states
> that the invoice was e-mailed so
> I can rule out it being us.

I believe Emerald 2.2 and higher shows the "sent date" of the invoice
when you are editing the invoice. That is the date is what email, for
those MBRs with sendmethod set as EMail.