Re: Login Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 12 May 1998 15:00:12 -0700

Gregory White wrote:

> I have one machine that is behaving strangely. When the machine is logged
> in as administrator, everyone can log in as themselves without any
> problems. The problems start when users log into the machine as
> themselves. At the Emerald Login window, the user who is logged into the
> machine enters his/her username and password. Emerald loads, but when it
> is finished, it shows as being logged in as SA. This happens with any user
> who logs into the machine as themselves then logs into Emerald. When
> trying to print, the user receives an "incorrect login parameters" error.

You have a mis-configured trusted security setup for your SQL Server.
If you run Security Manager, you'll see a group with all those users
in them in granted sa. Therefore, they are sa when they login.

You should read up on the security modes of SQL server in the Admin
guide about creating the two NT groups SQLUsers and SQLAdmins to
resolve the problem.