RE: Unix Password Writing / Emerald 2.5

Robert H. Clugston ( (no email) )
Mon, 11 May 1998 14:10:34 -0700

Dale,
That was my original question. I don't think the emparse really works to
good. I was just wondering if you came up with something better.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Monday, May 11, 1998 1:35 PM
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: Unix Password Writing / Emerald 2.5

Robert H. Clugston wrote:

> Dale,
> Your saying Emerald will right to a radius users file with the
radusers
> programs. I would like to add users to my mail server via the
passwd/shadow
> files.

The radusers program will write a Livingston/Ascend users file to stdio.
Simply redirecting it to a file will get you a resulting file.

I'm not sure what that has to do with a passwd/shadow file?
There are some unix sync options available with Emerald that you
can use (externals systems) if you want it to add to a unix
passwd file.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com