Re: Need additional info for RadLogs

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:47:17 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> I've got a bunch of entries (stop records) in the Calls table with
> usernames of 'null' and a few that are blank. I thought that these were
> the acct records that corresponded to the failed attempts. Every so-often,
> I go and delete all entries from Calls where the username = 'null' or ''.
> These records started showing up in the Calls table as soon as I added
> RadLogs and RadLogMsgs to the Emerald (SQL) db last summer.

A username of "NULL" (note, that is NOT a NULL column, its the actual
work NULL) means RadiusNT received an accounting record that didn't have
a username attribute. Since thats a required field in the calls table,
RadiusNT supplements it. Those are mostly seen by Ascend gear when
the accounting gets backed up.