Re: NEED A REPORT REAL FAST

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:58:03 -0400

> From: John Lange <radadmin@palacenet.net>
> 1. I need to report all users on a "particular" port during a specified
> time period. Either DNS port name and or ip address.

If you have SQL, use ISQL/w:
Here's a script that I use on occasion. It's not exactly what you're
looking for, but you might be able to use it/manipulate it a little to fit
your needs...

/* How many sessions were online at any given point in time */
DECLARE @datetime char(20)
SELECT @datetime = '4/25/98 10:17PM'
SELECT Username,
FramedAddress,
"Start Of Call"=DateAdd(Second, 0-AcctSessionTime-AcctDelayTime,
CallDate),
"End Of Call"=DateAdd(Second, 0-AcctDelayTime, CallDate),
"Seconds Online"=AcctSessionTime
FROM Calls
WHERE DateAdd(Second, 0-AcctSessionTime-AcctDelayTime, CallDate) <=
@datetime
AND DateAdd(Second, 0-AcctDelayTime, CallDate) >= @datetime
AND AcctStatusType = 2
AND NASPort = 20109 /* change this to whatever you need it to be */
AND NASIdentifier = 123.123.123.123 /* this is your NAS IP address
and is only needed if you have multiple NASes */
ORDER BY CallDate

> 2. Then I need a report that shows a "particular" user and the "time",
> "port" and "ip" if possible, this user was online.

SELECT "Date/Time at END of call"=CallDate, NASPort, FramedAddress,
"Seconds Online"=AcctSessionTime
FROM Calls
WHERE UserName = 'whoever'
ORDER BY CallDate

> Is there a way to certify that this info is accurate?

I have no idea about "certification" but I would definately not delete the
data for a while...

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com