Re: Integrating Emerald and Post.Office

Will LaSala ( will@greennet.net )
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:10:09 -0400

Hi Franco and Dusan
I'm using Emerald 2.2.38 beta and Post.Office v3.5 release 212
I have everything setup to work fine.
Here's what I did:
First in Emerald Admin In the Config database section under the tab
"External Systems"
I added an item named PostOffice (This can be any name you want)
Here's what I have in the fields
Ext. Name: PostOffice
Type: Post.Office 3.0 Sync
Smart Host mail.greennet.net (MY MAIL SERVER)
Accounts: accounts@mail.greennet.net (Special mail account used by post
office usually accounts@your.mail.server)
Postmaster: postmaster@greennet.net (Usually the same as you login into to
your web site admin for post.office)
Password: ********************* (this is your postmaster password)
Form-ID: (a bunch of stuff) (this is taken from the bottom of a form
emailed to accounts@mail.greeennet.net it will give you an error back and at
the bottom you'll find this)

Save this.
Next you'll need to assign this to a Service Type (or a couple)
for my main dial account type here's what I have.
Under the Radius admin - config database- Service Types tab
I the field that says External Sys: There is a drop down list.
This drop down list should have the name of the thing you just created.
Select it then save the account

Then your all set.

Hope that helps
Will ,,,=^. .^=,,,
Webmaster
"Link Locally ~ Surf Globally©" http://www.greennet.net
Come Play On The Best Quake Server in the Northeast
Serving Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire
TEL: 978-363-8898 FAX: 978-363-1225 email:will@greennet.net
From: Dusan Janjic <djanjic@rockbridge.net>
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com <emerald@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, April 24, 1998 10:34 AM