Re: Mass Mailings

Webjogger ( (no email) )
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:24:16 -0400

Another solution is to generate a report in Crystal Reports. Use the
Selection Expert to select the critera to use in compiling the report (i.e.
SubAccounts.AccountType = PPP, etc.), and include only the
SubAccounts.Email field in the body of the report.

Once you've formatted the report to your liking, export the report to a
text file (File -> Print -> Export -> choose text format, destination disk

Adam Greene
Webjogger Internet Services

From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <>
Subject: Re: Mass Mailings
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 5:00 PM

> Greg Keys wrote:
> I need to be able to send e-mail to groups of people based on various
> in their emerald accounts (such as service type, pay periods, net
> etc)
> Has anyone out there come up with a way of querying the database and
> generating mail to those who meet a given criteria?

My generic solution for this is to run a query to create a batch file.
Something like this:

Select Command='blat newmail.txt -t ' + + ' -s mailing -f"
>From SubAccounts sa, MasterAccounts ma
Where sa.CustomerID = ma.CustomerID
AND sa.AccountType = 'PPP'
AND ma.PayPeriod = 'Monthly'
AND sa.Netsoftware = 'Windows 95'

Then just cut/paste the results into a batch file and execute it.