Re: Variable Login Limits not working w/ISDN??

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 17:03:51 -0700

Rudy Komsic wrote:

> >> Analog accounts that try to connect more than once get the expected user
> >> already logged in x times - so we know that LoginLimit is working at that
> >> point. Also, accounts that have LoginLimits set to more than one are
> >> allowed to login more than once as you would expect.
> >
> >ISDN dialing/authentication (with MPP) is very fast. Therefore, its
> >not always possible to do MPP control with just concurrency.
>
> Try making the protocol attribute as PPP for a Single Channel ISDN instead of
> MPP within Emerald's Radius Administration. And see if it will try to bind
> establish Multilink...

Most terminal servers don't differeniate between the PPP and MPP
attributes. Besides, the RFC only covers five Framed-Protocol
options (all others are vendor specific).

Type
7 for Framed-Protocol.

Length
6

Value The Value field is four octets.
1 PPP
2 SLIP
3 AppleTalk Remote Access Protocol (ARAP)
4 Gandalf proprietary SingleLink/MultiLink protocol
5 Xylogics proprietary IPX/SLIP