Re: RadiusNT does'nt send password retry window on client computer

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 01 Apr 1998 10:54:02 -0800

Shakir wrote:

> Dale when we open after dialin window and I give a wronge password NAS
> returns "Invalid Password", but I disable after dialin windows and give a
> wrong password its going to verifying and verifying and return message
> "Disconnect the computer you dial"

This is the behavior of the client you are using to dialin. Again,
there is nothing we can do about it. :(

> One more is u know radius generates logfile in c:\ directory, can this
> message appear to client PC, because any way if account expire its return
> "Invalid Password"

It is not possible with the current PPP or dialup clients to display
a message, unless they are in clear text mode when they try to login.
RadiusNT sends back a Reply-Message with some information if the
username and password matched, but it still rejected them (like
Account Expired, etc).