RE: RADIUS and Winnt Sam

Frank Nowling ( (no email) )
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:36:45 -0600

Well, I'm confused: here's the complete contents of my users file:

DEFAULT Password = "WINNT"
User-Service = Framed-User

Even with this simplified users file I still get parse error -98 when
starting Radius with ODBC and files enabled at the same time.

I've checked my database RadAttributes table, and the user-service is there
and capitalized the same way.

I do know that the dictionary file and the RadAttribute table are not
identical. Is Radius parsing the whole dictionary file and comparing it to
the RadAttributes?

Frank

[CHOP]

> Most likely, your database dictionary doesn't match your dictionary file.
> If an attribute doesn't match, this will cause the parse error. For
> example, you could have an dictionary with User-Service-Type, while
> the database has User-Service.

[SNIP]