Re: USRobotics HiPer ARC routers

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:58:14 -0500

The only changes I have made at this point for the HiPerARC and RadiusNT is
in the calls table. The ARC likes to reports all users (local and remote,
or based in the code or in a Radius server) to the accounting server. If
you have a user that is for administrative use (such as USR's !root), it
will send out account packets (with no NASPort) to the Radius server. From
what I've seen this will cause the HiPerARC to reboot after a period of
time because of retransmittions. What I did was made a default value on
the NASPort section of the calls table (I made mine 9999 for example) so it
would record the access by administrative users to the box.

At 04:00 PM 3/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
> Has anyone had experience with RadiusNT and the HiPer ARC router cards?
>What RADIUS specific attributes are local to the HiPer Arc? Has anybody
>created a .sql script to load these attributes into RADIUS? Any suggestions?

Brian Lube
senior technician
MPInet

http://www.mpinet.net