Re: Best method to handle multiples logins

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 00:15:10 -0800

Thomas Kernen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running RadiusNT and was wondering about an issue I get from time to
> time with my concurrent logins. Setup is:
>
> - RadiusNT 2.2
> - MS SQL 6.5 Sp4
> - Ascend Max units
>
> I have the following options setup in my RadiusNT:
> - Concurrency control
> - Variable login limits
> - Manual calls update
>
> Most of our users have a limit of 2 logins at the same time, this
> generally works fine (lots of 2 channel ISDN calls) but soemtime fails.
> The ppp debug on the max tells me that the user is already online. Other
> times it works fine: Checked my calls online table but that is ok.

I would recommend not using Manual Calls Update with SQL Server
and installing the trigger I have posted. The hard coded manual
calls update does not handle out of order accounting, and is
not modifyable. For example, with a Cisco (and other NASes
lately), I always add an

AND i.AcctStatusType <= 2

To the first update in the trigger to get around the higher
values messaing things up. The trigger also has a check to
prevent older accounting records from overwriting newer
ones, which can really cause problems when you stop and
restart RadiusNT (queued packets by a Livingston are
sent in reverse chronological order, therefore the last one
received is the oldest, which means that port is not
correct).