RE: New user setup problem

ken french ( frenchkc@gru.net )
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:12:54 -0500

services, in NT 4.0 by default it is at
\winnt\system32\drivers\etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Kunze
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 1:55 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: New user setup problem

As another who is new to this, I have the following problem.

I have a new PM3 pointing to an NT box running RadiusNT. I have a basic
PPP test account in the 'users' file. When I try to dial into the PM3, the
authentication request indeed shows up in the logfile on the NT box, but it
fails to authenticate the call. The log reads, "Neither User Nor Default
Name:" every time.

ALso, if I run "radius -x15" from the command line, I get among other things:
"No such service, radius/udp in your services file."

My question, other than the obvious is, "What services file?" And is this
significant?

TIA

Rk