Re: Ascend and ISDN

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:13:00 -0800

iml@interconnect.net wrote:

> Couple more questions before we go live with Emerald and RadiusNT
>
> Is there a way to limit a certain login to ISDN or to modem calls only
> or both the NAS is a MAX4000
>
> When we were using a unix radiusd we had to add a field that looked at
> the port they logged in on.....on the max the ports for ISDN start
> with a 1 and modem a 2 so we coded that in.
>
> Is there an easier way with radius and emerald?

You can use ServerPortAccess to limit what accounttypes in
Emerald can access which ports on the MAX. This isn't supported
in the Emerald 2.1 admin, so you would have to do it at the
database level. The latest 2.2 admin migh support it though.
RadiusNT 2.5 will support check attributes in the database which
would simplify just checking the NAS-Port-Type attribute for the
allowed call.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com