Re: RadiusNT 2.2 crashes.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:41:53 -0800

Brad Albrecht wrote:

> It would be most helpful to run Radius from the command prompt with -x15,
> then send IEA-software (support, or Dale) the spew. You probably want to
> make the window with the dos box scroll more than 25 or whatever lines, so
> you can get the whole problem, not just what is on screen.
>
> Understand that this will slow processing down several hundred milliseconds,
> but it is barely noticeable to the dialup user. In the long run,
> identifying and fixing the problem is better than restarting, and it's worth
> the slowdown. (It worked for me, right Dale?

Anytime you have problems with RadiusNT you should stop the service
and run it in -x15 debug mode. This is outlined in the docs.

If you minimize the window, the performance different is not noticeable.
Typically its only about 10ms slower. The video update is what causes the
several hundred millisecond different, not the debug stuff.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com