Re: Two simple questions..

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:20:11 -0800

Victor wrote:

> 1) I've checked the concurrent logins option on the RadiusNT administrator
> since I'm trying to avoid users from doing multiplo Logins, but that didn't
> do anything. They can still log on several at the same time. What am I
> missing....

Is your calls online view working correctly from within Emerald?
If not, go into the Emerald Administrator, and make sure your PR
has the correct entries in the ServerPorts. You should have one
entry for each port.

> 2)What is more advisable? If I want to assign a Static IP to a user, should
> I do it at the Powerrack level or should I do it through RadiusNT? If the
> answer is the first option I know how to do that on the PR, if the answer
> is the 2nd. option how should I do it. I'm using SQL 6.5

Definately do it with RadiusNT. Just go into the service for the
user in Emerald and add the specific attributes needed for that
customer, including Framed-Address = x.x.x.x. You can look at
the defaults for a PPP user in the Emerald Admin if you want an
example of the other attributes to include.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com