Re: RadiusNT username length

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 13:34:50 -0800

Brian Lube wrote:

> I found some interesting information about RadiusNT username lengths that I
> thought I should post. I'm running RadiusNT in ODBC mode, connecting to a
> Platypus database. When I put a username of 'reallybighonkingmassiveuser'
> (the largest that Platypus would allow) in with a maximum length password
> ('reallybighonking') RadiusNT would Dr. Watson until that session stopped
> attempting to connect. I started reducing the username length, and found
> that it seems that the absolute maximum username length seems to be around
> 20 characters from what I found. As soon as the username was under 20
> characters it stopped crashing RadiusNT. The SQL statement that seems to be
> the culprit is the following (I never saw this statement come up using -x15
> when the username was above 20 characters) -

The problem is with Manual Calls Update and is only in 2.2.41. You
shouldn't need that option with SQL Server (you should be using a
trigger), anyways. I tested 2.5 and it doesn't exhibit the problem
(and no, I don't know when it will be available).

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com