Re: RadiusNT as a Service

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 13:01:29 -0800

Brian Lube wrote:

> On a related note:
>
> When I install RadiusNT as a service, if it crashes will it bring up any
> kind of modal window letting me know of it's status? I've been having
> problems in debug mode with RadiusNT crashing based on really long user
> names. I'm going to attempt to limit the length of the username that is
> being sent to Radius, but if it does crash when it's a service I'm afraid
> that it would be extremely difficult to discover.

Look into something like ipSwitch's WhatsUp Gold. It can monitor your
RADIUS servers and tell you about the outage. Some people cron a
"net start radius" every so often to restart it, just in case.
Make sure you disable your Dr. Watson's visual notification, or you'll
have to be there (defeats the purpose) for it to restart.

Looking at the recent garbage thread, RadiusNT is handing fairly long
garbage names w/out crashing. Let me know if you find any more details
on this.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com