Re: Recieving bad data for username.

Mitchell B. Wagers ( (no email) )
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 10:04:54 -0800

This problem is not always related to Radius or RadiusNT itself, not even
the NAS itself. Sometimes this can happen intermittently due to
"autonegotiating" the protocol upon connection. But, if they are happening
time and time again, I would suggest you contact your telco and tell them
to run a protocol analysis on your line. This is, of course, exclusive of
the fact you have tested your equipment and everything is fine on your
end...check the equipments log of what is happening with your lines from
the telco..."bursty errors" are one the major factors. Bursty errors
usually happen when the line loses frame.

Hrm, maybe this is more than you wanted to know, but hope it helps.

At 11:27 AM 1/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I hope you all can help me with this. I have been encountering problems
>with users getting dropped connections using DUN. When I check the
>RadiusNT log, most of the errors are the same, here is an example.
>
>Tue Jan 06 10:31:57 1998: Authenticate: from Mad1 - Neither User Nor
>Default Name:=
gmwG=92=CE=87=F4=E2=A54=89.K8/=90Q=B00=C7x=C5=DAl4=DB!=DC=DE=D6^=F8E=B1=A1=
=C1=BFp=8Bjw=9El=8C=EB=A0=96=88=8AW=F1=8C=B6=C1=DA=DB\x=A1=86=DF=E4

>I cannot see someone typing all of this in. Granted that I have seen
>trying to use userids that are not there, but most of the errors I am
>seeing are exactly like above. =20
>
>I would appreciate any help in this matter.
>

>Beverly Wise
>Systems Operator
>S&S Online Services
>http://www.hyper-drive.com

Regards,

Mitchell B. Wagers mwagers@ocsnet.net
Network Operations Manager (209)-781-4123
Olson Computer Services, Inc. www.ocsnet.net