Re: Radius & What's Up Gold

John Lange ( radadmin@palacenet.net )
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:12:50 -0600

HI

I did this and it works, but (and everybody has a but), every time it runs
the server beeps 2 (two) times. The decripted password is garbled. I
assume that there is no way to set up a secret in the server table, for the
machine running What's Up.

JOhn :}

At 03:33 PM 12/29/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Jeff Cummings wrote:
>>
>> I can't seem to find anything hard in either /search or /list that tells
how to set it up. Seems to be mostly other posts
>> requesting information on how to do it.
>
>Ok. I'll recap once again.
>
>Create a user called wupg (or test, or whatever, just make it four
>characters) with a password of "ANY" (no quotes, all uppercase).
>The parameters shouldn't make since for a normal user to
>login as. I use a User-Service=Dialback to insure no one can use
>the account.
>
>Restart RadiusNT is in text mode.
>
>In WUPG, enter the following:
>
> Port: 1645 UDP
> Send on connect: "\aD\@,0123456789012345\a\fwupg\b%18abcdefghijklmnop"
> Expect after: "\bD\@"
>
>you can change the wupg name to any four characters, just don't change
>anything else in the send string.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers!
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o