Differenciating analog + digital users (2)

Patrick Nehls ( (no email) )
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:33:31 +0100

Hi folks!

A week ago I posted the question about how to disable digital access
for analog users.

Unfortunately it still does not work. Any user can have both analog
and digital access.

Dale told me to use the NAS-Port-Type = Async Parameter. Actually this
Parameter and several of its values are in my dictionary. When
starting Radius with -x15 no error or warning message appears,
therefore no parse error occured. A sample record of our users file is
shown below:

D123456 Password = "abcxyz"
NAS-Port-Type = Async,
User-Service = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-Routing = None,
Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
Ascend-Idle-Limit = 600

We have changed the hardware (MAX4000 to MAX2012) - it didn't have any
effect.

Is there any other statement we could use to restrict users to analog
access?

Any help will greatly be appreciated. For all folks, that do not hear
from me any more: Merry Xmas!

Patrick Nehls