Re: Filtering commands with RadiusNT &

Jacob Gubits ( jgubits@HighClass.Net )
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:32:56 -0500

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

>Whats the Attribute ID for Framed_ID from the USR manual?
>The only Framed-Filter I know of is a string attributes as
>per the RFC (thus, requiring the quotes).

The Attribute for Filter-ID is string, I was trying today to add
Filter-ID to Radius Dictionary as a string variable,
#
ATTTRIBUTE Filter-ID 63 string
#
But now after I add Filter-ID to the customer parameters.
Filter-ID = "filtername.fil/filtername.fil"
with quotes or without quotes, (In USR Manual it's without quotes, but
the manual is full of mistakes),
Now it doesn't complete the Login process at all, the dialer returns an
error message "Dial-Up could not negotiate complete set of network
protocols you specified in the server type settings Check your network
configuration in the Control Panel and try the connection again"

So if I'm using the RadiusNT command: Framed-Filter the USR Server
ignores it, & if I'm using the USR command: Filter-ID it doesn't connect
at all.

My question again Is anyone knows and can give me example how to assign
a filter to a user on RadiusNT with NetServerPlus 8/16.
Thanks