Re: IP Address Pools

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 21:09:57 -0800 ()

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Sean Fraser wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm currently evaluating Radius server products and wondered if you
> have an option to specify an IP address pool for a group of users with
> RadiusNT.
> These address would then be allocated to the users in that group once they
> are authenticated.
>
> There are address pools not defined on the NAS but the Radius Server itself.

Address pool management is MUCH better suited for the NAS than
a RADIUS server. If something goes awry and the RADIUS server
gives someone a dup address, all kinds of things will happen.
Some NASes (like the Ascend) give you the ability to define multiple
address pools and specify which pool per profile.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com