Re: Slower MS SQL server

Mitch Wagers ( mwagers@ocsnet.net )
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 01:40:37 -0800

Also...did you upgrade the CACHE?
When you jump that much with NT, 64-128, you should reboot about 4 or 5
times. NT creates a "map" of it's memory, it's recommended that when you
upgrade by that much, you go in increments of 16mb, otherwise you need to
reboot as many times as you would if you had added 16mb each upgrade to
reach the ending quantity of ram. That means 4 times :)

This probably sounds like it's off the wall, but it's straight from MS
engineers and school.