(no subject)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 07 Dec 1997 15:02:11 -0800

Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

> Can RadiusNT handle the .service extensions (like <username>.ppp &
> <username>.slip)? I'm thinking og switching to Emerald and RadiusNT I
> have a few thousand users with .ppp in the Win95 DUN that I really don't
> want to change..

The idea of a .service extension was brought up from unix land where
they had to hack something together to differentiate thier users
for telnet logins and PPP logins. This is not needed for RadiusNT and
thats why its never been in there.

That said, I understand the migration issue and have added some
minimal support for this in the next release. The issue is
control, since you don't want the user to be selecting what kind
of service they are purhchasing from you.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com