RE: acct bind: No error - please help

Devron Knowles ( devronk@rmci.net )
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:39:03 -0700

Account Bind happens when you have two versions of Radius running on your
machine at the same time. You may have shut it down, but it never
completely shut it down. You may need to type ctl-alt-del and look at the
processes running.

Devron Knowles
IS Coordinator
RMC Internet Services
devronk@rmci.net
http://www.rmci.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Epstein
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 1997 8:32 AM
To: radiusnt@emerald.iea.com
Subject: acct bind: No error - please help

Last night my Radius decided to go belly up with an "acct bind: No error"
message. I checked the logfile and it said it couldn't find the file
d:\radius\acct/207.153.72.191/detail. Besides the back slashes, everything
looks fine. Has anyone run into this before that can give me a hand. I'm in
bad shape without this fixed.

Thanks for your help
Rob Epstein
Atlanta On-Line InterNet << File: ATT00005.html >>