Greg Keys ( (no email) )
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:20:38 -0400

Unless the ISP has given you a class c (255 addresses)(which I really doubt)
the burden of running the DNS really falls on them. If you are on your own
network with your traffic being routed to you running a DNS may be to your
benefit. If your server is plugged into the same network/ethernet segment
as the ISP's servers and you only have a few addresses assigned to your
server the ISP should handle it.
How many addresses are we talking about, and are those addresses a separate
subnet from the addresses that the ISP uses?

If you are going to run your own DNS, I highly recommend Bind NT, a port
currently handled by Paul Vixel. This can be downloaded from several
sources including . This is the
current "Home Page" for Bind95NT.

Gregory E. Keys
System Administrator