Re: DNS

Ric Castagna ( ric@viperlink.net )
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:12:37 -0400

My two recommendations would be:

First, purchase "DNS and BIND" by O'Reilley & Assoc. and read about the
Domain Name Service (DNS seems to border on PFM to begin with), and second,
use the freeware port of BIND available from Software.com (www.software.com).

NT4.0 does have a DNS manager built in, but I've found that BIND is easier
to configure...mainly because you can follow the recommendations in the book.

/ric