Ric Castagna ( )
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:12:37 -0400

My two recommendations would be:

First, purchase "DNS and BIND" by O'Reilley & Assoc. and read about the
Domain Name Service (DNS seems to border on PFM to begin with), and second,
use the freeware port of BIND available from (

NT4.0 does have a DNS manager built in, but I've found that BIND is easier
to configure...mainly because you can follow the recommendations in the book.