RE: Calling all IIS 4.0 users!!!

Eric Cowperthwaite ( eric@valleynetworking.com )
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:24:54 -0700

I have a directory in the wwwroot called cgi-bin, which my users can call.

As for the IP addresses, for web sites that do not have a domain and will access
their web interface via something like www.yourdomain.com/user, you can simply
create the directory in the wwwroot. But, you will have to create an ftp site for them
to be able to access the directory. To do that, you create a virtual ftp site and point
it to the directory in the wwwroot. Then create an NT user for them and give it
control of the directory.

Once you have done that, your user can ftp into the directory by pointing their
ftp client to www.yourdomain.com, using normal login and password and they
will log directly into their wwwroot directory.

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me directly, I have a web presence implementation
of IIS 4.0 up and running.

Eric W. Cowperthwaite
Intellinet, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Fisher [SMTP:bill@excelsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 1998 1:14 PM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Calling all IIS 4.0 users!!!

Someone PLEASE drop me a note to explain how to setup global
directories on 4.0. It was so simple in 3.0 that I must be missing
something. We have 40+ sites sharing the main server IP and 5-7 sites
with their own IP's. We used to be able to publish (3.0) a directory
with no "Virtual Server" IP address assigned and that directory would
be available to all domains/virtual servers. Now (4.0) the options are
assign an IP, or use all unassigned??

How is everyone else doing shared CGI scripts and such?

Thanks for your help