Re: Command scheduler

Victor A. ( (no email) )
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 10:51:39 -0400

At 04:42 PM 4/9/98 +0200, you wrote:
> "" command scheduler. For backup I use the at command, but I think
>this is not the way to make MRTG run every 5 minutes. What would you
>recommend? Juergen

This was suggested by Jose Carlos some time ago and works just great:

If you have the NT Resource kit, you can use the SOON utility. It
schedules a command to run after a given number of seconds.

Let's suppose you want to run the MRTG command located in the C:\MRTG
folder every 5 minutes. You can create a batch file called MRTG.CMD
or MRTG.BAT, and place it in the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder:

SOON 300 MRTG.CMD
C:
CD \MRTG
MRTG.EXE

Then, you will need to call this batch file once and it will
schedule itself to run again after 5 minutes and each instance will
re-schedule the job automatically.

Hope this helps,
Victor