cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message: Unknown user: CNET T221C

administrator@smtp.cnet.navy.mil
Wed, 08 Apr 98 09:45:27 -0600

--simple boundary

Nope -- MUCH MUCH more -- and I've found pricing on the Vinca product --
$4,499 per two servers. FCOL, that's rape and robbery! Only a FOOL
would pay it when there are MUCH less expensive solutions around.
Consider an ISP with six servers.... You'd be looking at nearly $14,000 to
protect them all, when you COULD just mirror/RAID the drives, and have a
scheduled backup/restore of the complete primary server to a secondary,
nightly or even hourly. In the UNLIKELY event that a RAID system fails,
you can change the IP addresses on the backup system, disconnect the
primary, and be up with only one hour's data loss (or, if the RAID wasn't
the point of failure, cable the drives into the backup box, and away you go
with NO loss of data).

And VINCA's product claims it doesn't even support IIS 4 at this time! It
only replicates SQL and Exchange! Octopus at least provides total
mirroring of ALL data regardless of application.... (for a price)

At 09:54 AM 4/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I thought Octopus was only like $1000 or soo.....
>
>Sorry.
>Penny

--simple boundary

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 10:18:05 -0400