Re: WebTrends and IIS 4.0 logs

Network Operations ( noc@apc.net )
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 10:34:58 -0700

We took it off right away. We tried IISA from Mediahouse (though v 3.5)
for about a year then took it off because it crashed the server avery 3
months. We tried a recent demo of WebTrends (IIS 3.0) and it practically
halted the server because it required too much processing power. The big
problem with WebTrends is that it needs the COMPLETE log from day 1. We
looked at other solutions, including IISA v 4, but finally decided on
creating our own to have it track all that we wanted in an efficient manner.

T.M.