cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message: Unknown user: CNET T221C
Sat, 04 Apr 98 03:07:20 -0600

--simple boundary

Hello every1,

I recently added a new IDE disk to my compaq deskpro 6000. I already had
a scsi harddisk, which was set on drive c (80h).
Now, when I have added the new IDE disk, it suddenly puts the scsi disk at
drive d, which totally messes up my partitions.
When I boot up NT (with a bootdisk, on the IDE disk I have another OS,
which boots up normally), i get the following msg a couple of times:

The device is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive
\Device\Harddisk1\Partition1 and make sure that a disk is inserted and
that the drive door is closed.

My partitions used to be:

Removable disk D:
G: (which is cdrom)

But now suddenly, it is:
C:\ (this holds the dir winnt)
D:\ (the rest of the old c:\)
Removable disk E:
H: (cdrom)

How can I make sure that the scsi disk remains disk C, so the partitions
wont be changed.

*** If u have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person -
they will find an easier way to do it ***

NTISP Mailing List

--simple boundary

Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 10:49:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Sigmund Freud <>